The EI library in London is temporarily closed, as a precautionary measure in light of the ongoing COVID-19 situation. The Knowledge Service will still be answering email queries via firstname.lastname@example.org, and is available for live chats on this page during working hours (09:15-17:00 GMT). Our e-library is always open for members here: https://knowledge.energyinst.org/services/elibrary, for full-text access to over 200 e-books and millions of articles. We are sorry for any inconvenience.
Mexican energy sector plans to open up to private firms
After 76 years of state monopoly, on Monday President Enrique Peña Nieto signed the enabling legislation for the opening of the Mexican energy sector. The nine new statutes, and amendments to the original twelve in place, that were passed establish a new legal framework for the implementation of crucial reforms that will allow private sector participation in the oil , gas and electricity industries.
Policy milestone details
- Start date: 2014-8-11
- Keywords: petroleum exploration & production - liberalization - Legislation -
- Countries: Mexico -
- Milestone source: Energy in MEXICO, open for business!
- Milestone type: Legislation
- Sector: Oil and gas - Policy and governance -
- Subjects: Banking, finance and investment - Exploration and production - Oil and gas - Policy and Governance - Hydrocarbon exploration - Oil - Oil production - Oilfield development - Offshore exploration - Offshore production - Onshore exploration - Onshore production - Oil and gas extraction - Primary energy production -