Evolutionary environmental management of drilling discharges. Anon. JPT, November 1998, 50(11), 62, 63. (Synopsis SPE paper 46617).
Attention is drawn to the way in which the reduction in fluid discharged with cuttings and in toxicity and the absence of cuttings beds were accomplished without significant increase in related costs. Invert-emulsion mud, cuttings injection, mud volume, cuttings dispersion. mud-recovery unit, material balance/inventory control and transportation to shore are described.
- Journal title: Journal of Petroleum Technology
- Banking, finance and investment -
- Energy consumption -
- Oil and gas -
- Economics, business and commerce -
- Transportation of products -
- Oil -
- Energy efficiency -
- Transportation, Transmission and Distribution -
- Health and safety -
- Management and commerce -
- Resource use and management -
- Environmental management -