Info!
UPDATED 1 Sept: The EI library in London is temporarily closed to the public, as a precautionary measure in light of the ongoing COVID-19 situation. From 1 September, the library will be staffed Tuesday-Thursday, meaning some services including loans of hard copy materials can resume. The Knowledge Service will still be answering email queries via email , or via live chats during working hours (09:15-17:00 GMT). Our e-library is always open for members here: eLibrary , for full-text access to over 200 e-books and millions of articles. Thank you for your patience.

New gas discovery in Mediterranean Sea

Eni has announced a new gas discovery in the Great Nooros Area in the Mediterranean Sea offshore Egypt.

Located in the Abu Madi West development lease, in the conventional waters of the Nile Delta, the Nidoco NW-1 exploratory well indicates further extension of the gas potential to the north of the Nooros field. Gas in place at the Great Nooros Area is now estimated in excess of 4tn cf, reports Eni.

Eni, through its subsidiary IEOC, holds a 75% stake in the Abu Madi West development lease, while BP holds the remaining 25% stake. The operator is Petrobel, an equal joint venture between IEOC and the state company Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC).

News Item details


Journal title: Petroleum Review

Countries: Egypt -

Subjects: Exploration and production - Gas -

Please login to save this item