Info!
The EI library in London is temporarily closed (re-opening on 1st June at the earliest), as a precautionary measure in light of the ongoing COVID-19 situation. The Knowledge Service will still be answering email queries via info@energyinst.org, and is available for live chats on this page during working hours (09:15-17:00 GMT). Our e-library is always open for members here: https://knowledge.energyinst.org/services/elibrary, for full-text access to over 200 e-books and millions of articles. We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Shell completes Asian equity sales

Shell has completed the sale of its 15% shareholding in Malaysia LNG Tiga (MLNG Tiga) to the Sarawak State Financial Secretary (SFS) for an agreed consideration of $750mn, increasing the latter’s interest to 25%. The other shareholders of MLNG Tiga are Petronas (60%), Nippon Oil Finance (10%) and Diamond Gas (a Mitsubishi subsidiary, 5%).

In addition, Shell and Thai Energy Company have sold their 22.22% interest in the Bongkot field and adjoining acreage offshore Thailand to PTTEP for $750mn. The sale consists of Shell’s stake in blocks 15, 16, 17 and G12/48. PTTEP is the operator of Bongkot and will increase its stake to 66.67% on completion of the sale. The remaining 33.33% is held by Total of France.

News Item details


Please login to save this item