UPDATED 1 Sept: The EI library in London is temporarily closed to the public, as a precautionary measure in light of the ongoing COVID-19 situation. The Knowledge Service will still be answering email queries via email , or via live chats during working hours (09:15-17:00 GMT). Our e-library is always open for members here: eLibrary , for full-text access to over 200 e-books and millions of articles. Thank you for your patience.
Your use of this site: privacy statement, access terms and conditions and licence agreement
This website, https://publishing.energyinst.org (hereafter referred to as ‘the Site’), and any sub domains of the Site, is hosted by Squiz Ltd on behalf of the Energy Institute.
The Energy Institute and Squiz Ltd do not make use of a visitor's IP address, or other session information that is automatically captured by the web server, for any purpose other than system administration and to provide statistics that are used to evaluate the use of the site.
Use of this site does not require a visitor to disclose personal information unless they choose to register with the Site. Individual registration is required to:
- elect and receive email notification services and updates,
- gain access to content through subscription services,
- gain access to restricted areas of the site
- proceed with a PDF file download transaction
- purchase hard copy items (e.g. books, DVDs)
Where a card transaction is involved, billing address information may be forwarded to the Worldpay payment gateway, so that the card transaction can be processed. If purchases for hard copy documents are made, receipt details may be forwarded to Turpin Distribution (the Energy Institute's book distribution agent). Otherwise, the information will not be used for any purpose other than system administration and to provide statistics that are used to evaluate the use of the site.
Personal information, including email addresses will not be shared with or provided to third parties, except for joint publications where both the EI and its Partners are recognised as the ‘Publisher’ or joint owners of the work, or the performance of financial transactions, or for fulfillment requirements (as outlined here), or where the law requires it.
This privacy statement does not cover the privacy practices of other websites, to which there may be links from this Site.
2. Access terms and conditions
Addition of new content
Ownership of content
- For further information or other key source material
- For background information
- For useful practical information
- For further informed comment
- The Energy Institute do not produce them or maintain/update them
- The Energy Institute cannot change them
- They can be changed without the Energy Institute’s knowledge or agreement.
Representations and warranties
Revision of Terms
3. Licence agreement
This Licence agreement explicitly covers the supply of and access to electronic content provided through restricted access (including PDF documents, movie files and all other media) and the supply of hard copy, specifically where purchase of content is made; or subscription access (whether individual or corporate subscriptions) is provided but excepts in instances where this Licence is superseded by the Licences governing access to third party content.
This is a legal agreement. Your use of this site (“the Site”) and the files contained herein signifies your agreement to the following terms and conditions. Please read these carefully. If you wish to extend these terms and conditions, you must contact the Energy Institute (EI) at 61 New Cavendish Street, London, W1G 7AR. e: email@example.com
The Publications Department
61 New Cavendish Street
- Force Majeure. The Energy Institute shall not be liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting from any cause beyond their reasonable control, including without limitation, war, strikes, civil disturbances, and acts of God