UPDATED 1 Sept: The EI library in London is temporarily closed to the public, as a precautionary measure in light of the ongoing COVID-19 situation. The Knowledge Service will still be answering email queries via email , or via live chats during working hours (09:15-17:00 GMT). Our e-library is always open for members here: eLibrary , for full-text access to over 200 e-books and millions of articles. Thank you for your patience.
Enhancing international awareness and participation
- Wider dissemination of technical resources, i.e. spreading the good practice message globally.
- Wider international input to the development of our resources (both from specialists within existing Technical Partners from outside of the UK/Europe, and from new Technical Partners based outside of UK/Europe), i.e. increasing committee diversity.
- The continued development of detailed technical resources that are locally relevant and can be applied anywhere in the world.
- Sharing more information about our work with international colleagues, both within your company and with peers in other companies.
- Highlighting dissemination opportunities to your committee/secretariat (e.g. conferences, relevant trade press or association events).
- Identifying like-minded regional associations, standards developing organisations, national regulators to whom more information can be provided.
- Developing content that can be more readily applied outside of the UK (e.g. citing relevant ISO references rather than BS and citing both UK/European regulations as examples).
- Proactively sourcing projects from your company from regions outside of the UK, for application in those regions (or internationally).
- Being open to requests from and engaging with national trade associations/regulatory authorities worldwide.
- Encouraging international peers to participate.
- Offering greater flexibility for meetings (e.g. virtual or face-to-face meetings outside of UK).
News Item details
Keywords: Technical Newsletter - international - international oil & gas - International oil and gas organisations - International Oil, Gas & Petrochemical - international operations - international relations - Publications - Technical -
Subjects: Standards -